View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #12
twin88mm
Rookie

Moving up the learning curve

OK. I guess I am improving on this. I just played a couple of space battles and won using different tactics. The first was to figght the imperial fleet in the space over a planet I own with an ion cannon. The second is to rely more on corvettes, Y-wings and Marauders than on frigates.

The corvettes are to make a quick sortie to attarct the attention of the ISD, or to kill the Tartans, or to kill the pesky Broadside Cruiser lobbing missiles at my fleet from far corner of the map.

After that the Y-wings go in to kill the ISD or/with the Marauders firing at the ISD or at the space station from a safe distance. The frigates go to soak up the fire if the ISD gets too close to my Marauders.

Some points to think about...

If I take out the ISD engines with my Y-Wing, shouldn't it stop moving and become easy prey for the marauders?

How many Y-Wing ion blast does it take to immobilise an ISD?

Why can't I use kamikaze tactics (i.e. use an X-wing to ram an ISD's shield or use a frigate to ram an ISD or use an ISD to ram a space station)?

And finally, HOW COME NO PLANETARY BOMBARDMENT EVEN WHEN I HAVE A CAPITAL FLEET IN ORBIT?
twin88mm is offline   you may: quote & reply,