View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 05:19 PM   #12
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I guess personally I thought it was a nice surprise at the end (not "nice" for Sev of course). It's actually realistic. Despite many "no man left behind" creedos in military circles, the fact is that there are hundreds, thousands of POW/MIAs still unaccounted for. Sure, you have the guys who were just blown up and they never did find a body, or have been lost so long they are probably dead by now (if nothing else than of old age), but still. It's a very real thing, so slipping that into what's supposed to be the "gritter side of Star Wars battle" is perfectly fitting I think. They could have done it to leave it open for a sequel, but it's been awhile and nothing has been announced so I don't think there's going to be one in the foreseeable future. And if there is one, it probably wouldn't be on the same engine and with the same team, at least I wouldn't think so. Then again if they did a new game and focused on making multiplayer awesome, it might be a worthwhile game to check out!

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,