View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #155
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe©
Good point, cept not. Yes they are both just a cluster of cells at that stage but the chimpanzee has chimp DNA and genes. This is something that makes the fetus human. Yes those cells could grow into anything but only you mess with them. Leave them to grow like normal and hey presto. A Human baby.
No, at early stages in developement, there is no significant difference. Humans and chimps share the same exact DNA except for a 2% difference, which doesn't make itself apparent until later stages in developement in the womb. Before that, they're by all means, the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe©
Oh god! Please not the "they will have bad lives" arguement again. I could have had a bad life too (not saying mine is great or anything...) but it would have been because of choices I made that would have made me have a bad life. Even people growing up in the poorest ghetto in town can aspire to great things. This is a proven fact, so lets not say that it would be better to kill them then risk them having a bad life. otherwise we would just have to start killing everyone or we might risk them having a bad life.
That's not what I'm saying, I'm arguing your point that we have ways to take care of them. Which is bull****.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,