Old 03-12-2006, 12:25 AM   #173
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
@Joe:
I understand how you feel.

It's an ugly, divisive issue.

One that sometimes seems worse for me, since I can see very valid points on both sides, and I often find myself straddling the fence. (That's the curse and price to be paid for even attempting to be politically moderate in this day and age of extremism, I guess.)

One that I hope can someday be resolved in a way that neither side feels that it has ended up on the wrong side of a bad compromise... but the nature of the issue is one that makes me doubt that will ever happen.

Frankly, at this point, there's a part of me that's so sick of hearing and thinking about it that I almost don't care how it gets resolved... Just as long as we can get it off the national plate. Then back on to a host of other issues that also really matter, that have been virtually sidelined this whole time and that really deserve more public attention.

But regardless of how it's resolved, someone will have an issue with it, and more movements will be started to overturn what ever ruling is finally handed down, no matter what it is.

I don't think it's an issue that will ever truly go away... not as long as we still have a democracy where people can express their minds, and are free to try to enact policy change, that is.

Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may: quote & reply,