View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 10:57 AM   #18
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hai Wan
I for one would like to read the entire story. I just started reading today and just finished Dantooine. I haven't been to kotorfanmedia.com though. Is the rest of it posted there?)
No, though about 250 pages is. I have 145 pages (Most of it never posted) on the Doctor's superobscura website.

Quote:
IIRC the KotOR comic doesn't cover the actual game storyline but introduces new characters and is set a few years prior to the events in KotOR so I don't think you should be concerned about the comic.
Good. Maybe I still have a chance.

Quote:
What I'm not sure of is though is how viable a KotOR story would be in the eyes of the publishing world. Wouldn't you have to be granted a license by Lucas Licensing or something like that?
I had already asked Sue Rostoni of Lucasarts Marketing, and she said send it on. However that was nine months ago, and without an agent, I cannot submit it.

Quote:
I don't think they would want a KotOR-based novel that would make Revan a female. As I understand it the "canonical" default is LSM unless explicitly stated differently by an authoritative LucasArts-affiliated representative. But for me personally I've thought for some time now that Revan could easily be female.
I have been irritated by the fact that except for Leia, I have yet to read a book where the main character is a female Jedi. I know that isn't authoritative, I have only got 10 out of 50 odd so far. Yet that would make all of the main character in the three of the games I have, Jedi outcast, Jedi Academy, and KOTOR I ALL MEN.

Having been a student of history since I could read, I have discovered that a hell of a lot of the heroes of prehistory ARE women.

For a society (The Republic) that is supposed to be based on capability and merit, doesn't that show a serious bias?

Regardless, I wish people like Spielberg and George Lucas would remember when THEY were the unknowns and give someone a real chance.

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,