View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 02:28 PM   #90
StaffSaberist
DECEPTION IS FINISHED! :D

Location: The United States of America... and damn proud of it!
Quote:
1: *Cough* Did you not see what Razorace posted? Staff and dual have a direct advantage in code. It is unquestionable. We had lengthy discussions about this.
SHOW THE G*****N CODE. IF YOU CAN'T, YOU CAN'T REFER TO IT. ANYONE WITH KNOWLEDGE OF PROGRAMMING KNOWS THAT.

Am I speaking to a chat bot here???

Quote:
2: You don't get it. It can be chained out of almost ANYTHING. While it more often misses than not, in the event it DOES hit you can have tons of HP erased

The blade cuts through rock! A direct hit from one of those things should hurt. A single blade is equally capable of doing severe damage. Even in SP a single lucky hit from a Red Single Reborn can take off all your armor and some health.

Quote:
and due to its ability to be chained out of almost anything staff has and its ability to be spun for greater power and defense, you can screw over a person trying to counter almost any mistake you make, and since they're countering, they risk getting decked in the teeth.
You try going from a right to a back-right in a Staff. Not only does it rarely hit the intended target, there is definite lag that a Blue stancer could do some damage on (roll-stab would probably kill).

Quote:
So what do we have here... An anti-counter ON TOP of all of the bonuses staff already has, namely the inherent defense and offense bonuses? Yeah. I don't think I need to say anything else. All this, and almost no end-lag that can't be protected by a spin (and is reasonably jumped out of anyway)! No other style has anything this blatantly broken with or without cheating.
So... you dominate the staff (you said so on Page 1 or so) and yet it's impossible to counter? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS, LATHAIN. PICK ONE. EITHER THE STAFF HAS WEAKNESSES OR IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT.

Quote:
3: What did Razor say? That's right... STAFF GETS AN INHERENT BONUS TO OFFENSIVE POWER. Not arguable.
I say you're a stubborn mule. Not arguable.

Not true of course, but you should see my point: If facts were on a "I call this to be true" basis, the world would be much more messed up than it is. You can't define fact with words. Back it up, bitte.

Quote:
We've had this argument before.
But we never finished it. This argument is done when someone can show the hard numbers. If nobody can, then inferiority is an opinion. And when it comes right down to it, opinion is all that's stated in this entire thread. And opinions differ. That is the way of life; get over it.

I declare my argument finished until further notice. Replies will be read, but then ignored until someone shows indisputable fact from the game itself or from a leading developer.

Deception, the best SP level-set in the world, is done! Get it here!
"Query: What is it you wish, fat one?" - HK-47 at his best
I have begun modding TSL. Check it out here. and My Fanfic
StaffSaberist is offline   you may: quote & reply,