Thread: MC: AOTE: Rhea
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 06:47 PM   #60
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
With only a few leering looks from other soldiers, Sgt. Dukkette had managed to sneak Beryl into his dormitory room in the Imperial garrison. While Beryl used the refresher to clean herself up, Penni found her some decent clothes to replace her shredded ones. She wasn’t very pleased with his efforts.

“You call this decent clothing?” Beryl said to Penni. She held up the green dress he had given her, then shoved it back to him. “You can practically see right through it!”

Penni chuckled. “It will look different when you put it on,” he said, shoving it back to her. “Besides, beggars can’t be choosers. I borrowed that from next door. It belonged to a … well, it was left by a… erm…”

Beryl held up her hand. “Don’t even say it,” she warned, giving him a dirty look. “I get the picture.” She shoved the dress back to him. “What’s wrong with getting me a pair of trousers and a tank-shirt?”

“'Cause those are mens’ clothes,” Penni said to her. He eyed her over appreciatively. “And this is Theed. Fashion counts here, you know.” He shoved the dress back to her again.

This,” she held up the dress in his face, “is hardly what I would call fashion.”

“Oh, just put it on,” he said irritably. “Trust me. You’ll look… nice.”

Nice? I’ll look like a....” She paused, then sighed. “Look, I just don’t want to be that noticeable, okay?” she said, starting to get flustered. “I like being…plain and… unnoticed.”

Penni laughed. “Well, the dress is all I have to offer. But, you’ll be less noticeable in that, than in what you have on. Plus, it won’t chafe your wounds,” he added, with an amused grin.

Beryl glared at him. “Fine. As I don’t appear to have a choice, I’ll wear it.” She stared at him. “Well? Turn around or leave the room or something!”

“There’s nothing you have that I haven’t seen before in some other shape or form.”

“Yeah? Well it’s my shape and form, so…,” she waved her hand at him, “naff off!”

Penni snorted. “All this and I don’t even get a peek for my efforts,” he grumbled as he turned his back while she changed. “Let me know if you need any help with the buttons.”

“I can manage.”

“You sure?” He waited a few moments in silence, listening to her struggle.

“Okay, I might need a little help,” she conceded. “Damn shoulder….” she griped.

Penni grinned as he turned around. “Wow,” he said, appreciatively taking in her appearance. “Maybe I was wrong. Think you will get noticed.”

“Just shut up and do up the buttons, will you?” she said dryly.

“Yes, ma’am,” he said smoothly.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)