View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 10:20 AM   #21
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutmeister
So where should I go to read the entire story, kotorfanmedia or SuperObscura?
Since super obscura has the stroy from the start, I would go there. Not that I don't like this place, it's just that at either kotorfanmedia Iwould have to delete everything I have already posted just to put it in chronological order, and would have to do the same here.

Quote:
You want Lucas Inc. (meaning whichever Lucas company handles book publishing) to publish your story that is largely based on a SW video game that was purposely designed to allow players to choose their character's gender and LS/DS alignment.
Lucas Inc.: "Oh so sorry! We let you play Revan as DSM but we decided that Revan is LSF for 'canon's' sake."
Or whatever combination of DSF, DSM, LSF, LSM you want.
I simply ask you to consider how much controversy SW "canon" already creates and why LEC would want to add any more fuel to the fire by publishing a book that changes a story from one with multiple potential endings to a single ending.
Think of how many KotOR fans would be upset and send hate mail to LEC that the published story didn't match the way they played the game?
Actually in the New essential chronology, they have done exactly that already with Jaden Korr. There is however no mention of Gender for Revan.

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,