Thread: MC: AOTE: Rhea
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #73
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Stepping outside of the gates of the Imperial Base, Beryl was a bit unsure of where to go first. She’d never been to Theed before, and so didn’t have any contacts here, and by all appearances, it was a big city.

Okay, first things first, she thought. I need to find a com link to contact the ship, but making a secure call in an Imperial controlled zone will be expensive. And with no credits, that’s going to be a problem.

Then she saw the gambling parlour, just outside entrance to the base. Or, maybe not. She paused in thought for a moment, then pulled the front of her dress a bit lower to expose more cleavage, and walked inside. Perhaps this dress might be useful after all.

It didn’t take her long to find what she would term “an easy mark.” A Nabooan noble, balding and middle aged, slightly paunchy, and complaining in a loud voice as large pile of credits were scooped away from the table in front of him by the dealer.

She looked down at her legs. The superficial scratches were barely visible now. Thank the stars for fast acting bacta spray, she thought.

“You look like you could do with some luck,” she said in her most sultry voice as she sidled up to the obnoxious noble.

“The deck is stacked!” the nobleman snapped, with a dismissive wave of his hand. “And I don’t need any…!” He turned to look at her, and his scowl melted away. “Well,” he said, smiling slowly, as he drank in her form. “I, erm, could do with some luck. And if you don’t bring me luck, you can at least give me solace, eh?” He winked at her and patted her backside.

Beryl flinched, then forced a smile. “Perhaps,” she said, taking a seat beside him, ensuring to show him a bit of leg. “Ante up,” she said to him. “I’ve been told that I’m extremely lucky. In many ‘different’ ways,” she added.

He chuckled. “Really? Well, we’ll see, shall we?” He laid his credits on the table. “Deal,” he said to the dealer.

With Beryl hinting to the man on when to stand, when to play, and when to fold, it didn’t take long for him to regain his pile of credits, and even less time for Beryl to palm one or two of the higher value credit chips without him nor the dealer noticing.

A few more minutes enduring this lout, and I’ll be able to mingle and find out who I need to talk to find access to a secure com link, she thought to herself. But if he pats my backside one more time, I’m going to have to kick him where it hurts!

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)