View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #149
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBlack
If they do end up making a new JK game I would like to see some more open game play (maybe in the line of massive maps like those in GTA style games or even KOTOR, where you can choose when you handle major story based missions and whether you want to handle smaller missions, like bounty hunter missions or small quests), but I would like it if they would keep the current style of combat. After all these are not RPG games they are of a more action based genre. I would also like to see a more advanced system for vehicles, something along the lines of what they have for Battlefront 2. If they make the games more open like this, then it would also provide for a longer, more involved SP game experience.

The only other thing I would like to see is a more advance character customization system, with more species and the ability to alter facial features, clothing, tattoos, and physical attributes like strength and weight. Also, it would be nice if you could actually build and customize your own saber, rather than just choosing from already constructed designs from the game designers.

Of course, if they were to actually make a game like this it would be massive. Most likely involving three to four discs for installation at least. But I am sure that such a gaming experience would be great.
Personally I like the "arcade style" vehicles of JA, but I agree they could be better. Still, using SWBF2 as a model is problematic. Those vehicles are SLOOOW. Compare to SWBF1, where they at least had cockpit HUD views and first/third person view. Granted, in JA vehicles forced you into third person (unless you resorted to trickiness with the firstperson lightsaber command!). But essentially SWBF2 eliminated cockpit views (except for zooming gunners on some vehicles), slowed down and nerfed them all, and only added a "dash" or the aireal tricks for airborne vehicles. Also the controls for many of them sucked. Compare the HORRIBLE speeder bike from SWBF1/2 to the awesome fun Swoop bike from JA. No contest! Sure it's nice to have two people inside an AT-ST in SWBF1, but that second person just gets to fire the single shot slow reloading blaster, and you get no rockets! Plus the camera view sucks, even if you get to "turn the head" (in JA MP you couldn't turn the head, only fire in the direction you were facing, unlike in Single Player, but frankly the MP version was more fun for some reason).

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,