Thread: PC DVD-only
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #67
Jackel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVandar205
Alot of games ive played tend to have real flashy graphics but their gameplay sucks. Some of the things they want to acheive with these games they could do through just having a solid storyline and good characters, the graphics dont always have to be top notch to get the people into the game if it has a story and characters that pull people into the game.
Unfortunately a LOT of gamers prefer flashy graphics to gameplay, just look at Doom3. Gameplay was so-so at best but hey it looked good and sold very well.

Quote:
They shouldnt be forced to make that decision one way or the other, they should be able to upgrade their machines when they feel like it not when some idiot game developer decides to move on to the latest toy. These people move way too fast they need to slow down a bit and let people catch up.
Why? Why shouldnt game companies push the envelope and get better and better with the new technology? Just because some people want to still use 26 year old technology in their computer (ie CD drives) doesnt mean game companies cant move on to DVD's and sell to those willing to actually move in the the 21st century.

Quote:
Of course I dont want it to be able to run on NES. I simply want these games to be able to run on a vast variety of systems so that even those people who might not have a top notch system can still find a way to enjoy the game. Some games have a way too high minimum system requirement.
Again why? A DVD drive should be a minimum requirement these days. Same as at least a generation 5 video card, why should gaming companies had to lower their game requirments to be usable on 5 year old tech? or 7 year old? or even older? Its the 21st century, join us or let behind complaining about the fact you arent willing to spend less then a game on a piece of computer equipment that is a LOT better then the old tech.

Quote:
I just want games that can work on a variety of machines so that people dont feel so rushed to update their computers everytime they turn around and some new flashy gadget comes out to make their game better.
People arent "rushed" as you put it. DVD drives have been out for YEARS. They didnt just come out last week. As far as I am concerned games should be rushing publishing houses to move to DVD and leave CD behind.

Quote:
If you have a game that runs on both CD and DVD, who's gonna be whining? Those are the only two things that run on the PC anymore. Nobody uses floppy disks anymore so its not like theyre gonna be whining that there isnt a version for them. You can please everyone in this case.
Pleasing everyone isnt their goal. Making money is. It's called business.

Quote:
Thats where the greed comes in, why cant people just be happy making enough money and not always have to go for the top or the very best? Itd be nice to get that yeah but I mean thats not always the best thing for everyone involved.
Quote:
Then the shareholders need to be more reasonable and take what they can get, its better than nothing. Most of them dont care what they do to a company or its customers as long as it makes them filthy rich.
Im guessing you have no idea why shareholders hold shares right? TO make money. And as Prime pointed out it is the LEGAL requirement of a company to maximise profits for their shreholders. Shareholders that feel they aren't getting the best for their dollar will pull out and go elsewhere with their money. If I put money in to a business and they turned around and said they were going to make "a little bit of money" rather then "a lot of money" so they could be "nice" I would sell my shares and take my money elsewhere.
Jackel is offline   you may: quote & reply,