Thread: PC DVD-only
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #68
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs
to all of those people that think that a publisher is going to lose sales by not having a CD version available: you're wrong. i just got done driving around my town to 10 different stores looking for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. places like Gamestop, EB Games, Best Buy, and even Walmart didn't have a single copy due to the game's popularity. here's the real kicker: the game is DVD only.

with that kind of success, i'm really inclined to think that much more games are going to DVD only releases. the only reason why CD's are even around is because of the music industry. even then, CD's are losing ground to online download services as the most popular form of getting music. trust me: the "golden age" of CD's is long past.
I see. I won't have a problem because my laptop has aDVD drive. I just feel that way because of the 360 thing. My brother and I will have to wait a year and a half before getting that hardware. I still like to play CDs because I can't afford and iPod or MP3 whatever. I ripped my music onto my hardrive so in case I do ever get one, I can put my fav tunes on it. Some people just don't have the kind of money to get the hardware that the new stuff requires. I would think that would be taken into account.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,