Thread: PC DVD-only
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 10:54 AM   #74
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVandar205
I think the story was barely good enough and theres enough people out there who like to just shoot things up that they just bought the game anyways. I guess they thought somethin was better than nothing.
Except that the shoot things up part was barely fun. So it just sold because it's Doom and it looked cool.

Quote:
They could just work with what theyve got and make games for things that are already out that alot of people already have so they dont have to go out and buy something new just to enjoy a game that could be made to run just as easily on something more simple.
Except that it won't sell as well. It's the reality of things. Besides, I like my games when they look really nice. If you didn't care about graphics, you'd be playing a pen&paper RPG.

Quote:
They should sell things to those people who WANT to use DVD's but they should also have things available for those who dont want to or areint able to move onto that new stuff yet.
No they don't. Like I said, they don't have to release a PS1 version or something. It's how things work.
Same thing with movies. Who here has heard of a movie coming out on VHS lately?

Quote:
Some of that old stuff actually lasts longer than some of that new junk coming out and there are alot of things out now that run on that old stuff that wont run or wont run as good on the new stuff. Everybody's so eager to get all the new stuff just cuz its all flashy n everything but they really dont think about all the drawbacks of it sometimes.
No, not everyone is eager to get the new stuff. By the way, you can still use CDs on a DVD/CD player.
Besides, my computer is 3 years old and I managed to get as much juice out of it as possible. It should maybe last me until 2007. Yeah, I twitched a few things, but if you do it right, your hardware can keep up for quite a while. To do that, I got a DVD player.

Quote:
Maybe some people have better things to spend money on.
Then don't play games because it is a rather useless thing to spend money on. I can buy a soccer ball and go out and play with my buddies. It'll cost me 50$ for a good ball and I'll use it for at least 2-3 years.

Quote:
Why cant they make money and please people in the process? Making money isnt worth it unless your customers are pleased. Not everything is about money in this world dispite what all the greedy politicians and big company execs might tell ya. Just because all of them are so filthy rich that they can afford not to have to care about anyone but themselves.
Do you have a job or ever had a job?
I'll give you a simple example. You work for $20 an hour. Very good salary. You love your boss. She's great (she, because it's hotter this way :P ) with you. You want to make her happy. So one day, you come into her office and ask her to cut your salary in half because you want to please her. Hell, you want to earn minimal wage. You want to make her happy.
Will that happen? No way in hell.
Whenever I work, I expect to be paid what my boss promised me. $10 an hour? I get my $10 an hour. I also help out Héma-Québec sometimes with their blood donations. I do it for free. My goal is to help out. Not make money. I do it out of charity but when I am there to make money, I want to make money. It's not greed, it's getting paid for what you're doing.

Quote:
Doesnt mean they have to do it at the expense of the well being of their customers.
I don't think it'll affect your "well-being" that much. I don't think you'll die just because of that.

Quote:
Hey, its their loss, I mean if theyd rather get shares from some greedy corporation that squeezes money out of people rather than a legit company that gets money the more customer friendly way then thats their choice.
Actually, they win. They make their money. Sure, you can invest in "cleaner" bussinesses but that does not negate the fact that you're there to make money.

Quote:
In the end then youd be the one losing and not them Heck, they might go bankrupt but hey they still have their dignity and they made their customer's happy too.
Dignity? You're talking as if they were forcing little children to make video games. By the way, they made a handful of customers happy. The rest of us are pissed because they won't release any games anymore.

Quote:
Well, what if you have a tight budget and have to chose between buying a dvd player or a game, wouldnt you rather just buy the game and have it play on a cd player rather than having to buy both a game and a dvd player just to play it on? Sometimes you cant buy both and its more fun to have the game than it is to have a dvd player that you may or may not be able to play anything on.
Actually, a DVD player doesn't stop you from using CDs. So there's no "may or may not".
We're all on tight budgets, but we can make choices. I can buy two games(about 100$) and get short term enjoyment out of it or I can buy one game and a DVD player(about 80$). I can still buy my second game when I get $30 and I would've invested in the future. I can now save my data on a 4Gb disk and play DVDs on my computer.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,