Thread: PC DVD-only
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #75
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
Damn you Prime I came just a few minutes too late.
You forgot about my cat-like speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs
the only reason why CD's are even around is because of the music industry.
And they play in DVD drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVandar205
So those handful can buy the game and play it.
Those handful need to spend $30 on a DVD drive and join the 21 century. It's 2006 for crying out loud!

Quote:
They shouldnt be forced to make that decision one way or the other, they should be able to upgrade their machines when they feel like it not when some idiot game developer decides to move on to the latest toy. These people move way too fast they need to slow down a bit and let people catch up.
LOL, latest toy? Way too fast? DVD drives have been out for over 8 years!

Quote:
DVD's and CD's dont cost that much anymore.
Uh, it isn't the cost of the disks that is expensive...

Quote:
Then the shareholders need to be more reasonable and take what they can get, its better than nothing. Most of them dont care what they do to a company or its customers as long as it makes them filthy rich.
If companies screw over their customers, they go out of business. And shareholders have a legal right to expect maximum returns on their investments. If it turns out a company doesn't provide that, that company pays huge fines and the execs can possibly go to prison.

You want them to do that all because you don't want to spend $30? I don't think they are the ones who are greedy...

Quote:
Yeah and look what happened with Jedi Outcast and KOTOR 2. They both look and feel rushed and they didnt turn out half as good as they should have.
That was because of Lucasarts development timeframe requirements, not because the developers were lazy/not capable.

Quote:
I simply want these games to be able to run on a vast variety of systems so that even those people who might not have a top notch system can still find a way to enjoy the game.
They will run on the vast majority of systems. DVD only PCs are the vast majority of systems. And systems that didn't come with a DVD drive won't be able to play the game anyway.

Quote:
I just want games that can work on a variety of machines so that people dont feel so rushed to update their computers everytime they turn around and some new flashy gadget comes out to make their game better.
DVD drives are not a flashy new gadget. They are old. And expecting people to upgrade after almost a decade is not "rushing".

Quote:
Those are the only two things that run on the PC anymore. Nobody uses floppy disks anymore so its not like theyre gonna be whining that there isnt a version for them. You can please everyone in this case.
CDs are the new floppy disks.

I have a floppy disk drive on my machine, but I don't have a CD drive!

Quote:
Thats where the greed comes in, why cant people just be happy making enough money and not always have to go for the top or the very best? Itd be nice to get that yeah but I mean thats not always the best thing for everyone involved.
Because they need to pay their employees so thay can feed their families.

And the only ones who are greedy are those who expect the lastest games but are unwilling to spend $30 in order to do so.

Quote:
They should sell things to those people who WANT to use DVD's but they should also have things available for those who dont want to or areint able to move onto that new stuff yet.
If they don't want to, then they are deciding not to play the game. That's up to them. Expecting to be catered to is just being greedy.

If they can't spend $30 on a DVD drive, they can't afford the game anyway. Or they can buy the drive, then save their allowance to buy the game.

Quote:
Maybe some people have better things to spend money on.
That's fine. But then they shouldn't be able to play the game.

Quote:
Not everything is about money in this world dispite what all the greedy politicians and big company execs might tell ya.
But it is everything in business. The only thing. And that is what we are talking about here. Business.

Quote:
Just because all of them are so filthy rich that they can afford not to have to care about anyone but themselves.
But the employees and developers need to get payed so that they can feed their families. That is why the games need to make money.

Quote:
Doesnt mean they have to do it at the expense of the well being of their customers.
They aren't. They aren't forcing you to buy anything. They are not harming you in any way.

Quote:
Hey, its their loss, I mean if theyd rather get shares from some greedy corporation that squeezes money out of people rather than a legit company that gets money the more customer friendly way then thats their choice.
They legally have to. All companies have to. They go out of business/go to prison otherwise.

Quote:
In the end then youd be the one losing and not them Heck, they might go bankrupt but hey they still have their dignity and they made their customer's happy too.
I can't put food on the table and clothes on my daughter with dignity.

And the customers won't be happy, because they would get no more games.

Quote:
Well, what if you have a tight budget and have to chose between buying a dvd player or a game, wouldnt you rather just buy the game and have it play on a cd player rather than having to buy both a game and a dvd player just to play it on? Sometimes you cant buy both and its more fun to have the game than it is to have a dvd player that you may or may not be able to play anything on.
You can always buy both. You can buy one and then save up for the other. Why do you have to get both at the same time? That's just greedy!

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,