View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #87
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-64
Yet you still say it's not provable. If you can't prove it and you can't know for sure, believing it still requires faith.
not true. I don't BELIEVE in any scientific doctrine. I don't have faith that evolution is the correct theory. I accept the current best theory available to explain a phenomenon. If Evolution is eventually falsified I will stop accepting it, and move on to the new theory.
NOTHING in science is provable. There is no guarantee that ANYTHING we currently accept is the full truth. And a scientist doesn't believe that they are the truth, either. THAT is why science is no religion, and not a matter of faith.

To believe that there is some truth to a theory requires no faith, it simply means they are able to look at the evidence. "Well, this gravity idea certainly seems reasonable...everytime I drop this rock it falls right down."

What science has the religion deffinately does NOT have is flexibility, and acceptance of new ideas and removal of old ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-64
Pretty much.
Care to elaborate just what about the logical structure of it isn't impressing you?

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,