View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 09:48 PM   #12
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
The retcons needed in one source may not be "massive" but over the entire EU yes, they really pile up.
A good point. I wonder how many authors and game developers looked at what they had to build from or work into their story and had a "OMG I have to incorporate that??" response...

Quote:
Of course you have other problems, if Lucas is going to consider this TV series to be anything canon (it'll probably just be C-level, but I know some folks are hoping it'll be G-level just because Lucas is rumored to have a hand in the early episodes through writing credit or something)
For some reason I seem to think that he is going to be involved on the producing side. He may start off the story though. Actually, do we know what technically makes something G-canon? Is it only something that has a story (all or parts) that come from Lucas? Or is just a production that Lucas controls (such as producing)?

Quote:
it'll probably introduce some contradictions of its own on the EU.
Probably? Every time Lucas creates something new in Star Wars it invalidates something in the EU and thus requires a retcon.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,