View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 09:29 PM   #33
DARTH_PLAGUS
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobichan
I agree Niner. I think it really comes down to their combat skill and not necessarily the weapons they carry.

I know I gave an example of how I thought a fight between The Chief and Fett might go. I would like to point out that it's kinda hard to debate this topic on the weapons aspect. Who's to say that the Chief's HE pistol (or the sniper rifle) can or can't punch through Mando armor in one or 2 hits? Is a bullet from the MA5B assault rifle the equivelant of a blaster bolt from a DC-17m? Do grenades have the same effect on the corresponding opponent's armor? Could a commando's ec grenade effectively shut down the Chief's powered armor, and kill Cortana in the process? etc. etc.

Also, Plagus, I said that I thought that Boba Fett had a rougher childhood than the Master Chief. I was supporting my argument that Boba Fett can operate solo more efficiently than the Chief. But just slightly. I still think that it would be an even match regardless. The Chief is still a very, very tough soldier, phsically and mentally.

My opinions are as follows; It would take a full squad or 4 RC's to have a chance of defeating a Spartan. The Spartan would be too tough for one Commando to take alone. A fight between the Master Chief and Boba fett would depend on who can spot the other first, because I don't think that either one of tham have an advantage big enough that the battle would sway too far in one or the others favor.
exactly, I agree, but he became really good at solo during the halo book #2, all I know is that I would love to see master chief and boba fight.
DARTH_PLAGUS is offline   you may: