View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 06:43 PM   #5
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"... and we didn't have the time to... Ms. Gray? Are you even listening to me?"

Crystal blinked. "I'm sorry," she stammered. "I'm experiencing something rather odd... where am I?"

"Is this some kind of joke?" the furry alien in front of her shrieked. It sighed. "Fine, I'll play along. You're in my cantina, the..."

"Foolish Kataran," Crystal finished. "On Coruscant. Right."

"Are you alright?" the creature asked her, frowning. "You're acting funny."

Crystal smirked. "You say that, but you've only just met me an hour ago. Does that make you an expert on my behavior?"

"Well..." the creature stammered. "Never mind... I was just describing..."

"The job you want me to do," Crystal interrupted. "I know. I'm going to turn you down this time. You'll have to find another mercenary."

"There is no other who could pull this off," the creature protested. "Just go to Nar Shaddaa and do it for me, won't you?"

Crystal was about to turn him down again, but reconsidered. After all, didn't she want to go to Nar Shaddaa anyway? With a weary sigh, she nodded. "Alright. I'll do it."

"You'll be payed well," the alien grinned, shivering slightly. "Count on it."

"Right," Crystal murmured. "I'll be going now."

She rose and left the cantina in a rush. Memories came flying back to her as she moved toward a lift. The streets were a good location for finding jobs, but Crystal was no longer interested. Everything that had happened before... Crystal stopped abruptly.

"But they didn't happen," she murmured. She found herself wondering if everything she'd learned to do while under the influence of the shards was still available to her. Giving herself a full mental examination, she discovered that the abilities had always been there; the exposure to the shards had merely forced her to discover them.

Blink.

She stood before the Jedi Temple. She knew she had to get to Nar Shaddaa... but, no. Not yet. This was more important. With a heavy sigh, she climbed the steps to the entrance. There was a Jedi at the door and he stopped her.

"You have been gone for years, telepath," he said. "What makes you so sure you are welcome here?"

"All others are," Crystal answered. "Even if you do not allow me entrance, I can still enter."

"Promise me you mean no harm to the Order," he told her.

"I am here after information alone," she said. "Looking up old friends."

"Very well," he sighed, stepping aside and allowing her to enter.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,