View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 12:26 AM   #40
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Jasra sat up abruptly in her bed. She had been sleeping, dreaming…but it had been more than just a dream.

“Brax…” she said with some urgency as she rose and went to the computer terminal at the desk. Her fingers flashed across the keyboard as she quickly searched through connections to find the space port information from Nar Shaddaa. Surely, there would be a record of the Ebon Hawk, or even Brax’s ship, landing there…

“What are you doing?” Jasra turned to see Karda standing in the room. She had been so involved in her search that she hadn’t even heard him come in.

“Looking for the Ebon Hawk or the Ssss,” she said, turning her attention back to the terminal. “Why, is it time to go already?”

“The Ebon Hawk and the what?” Karda asked, frowning as he came closer to look over her shoulder.

“The Ssss,” she repeated. Her fingers paused a moment. “It’s an Omwati word,” she said, then she continued her searching. Although Karda was quiet, she could feel his eyes boring into the back of her head. “I have to find Brax,” she explained.

“Did you not understand what I said earlier?”

“I understand that if I don’t find Brax soon, he’ll die,” Jasra said, not stopping to look at Karda directly. “We have a bond. You may not like it, or understand it, but the fact of the matter is that it exists. And the longer we are separated, the more he will suffer. I have to find him.”

Karda reached out to pull her hand away from the keys, but she quickly smacked him away from her, and gave him a hard stare. “Don’t interfere,” she said in a dangerous tone.

“Jasra, you’re not making sense,” Karda said. “Perhaps you do need some ‘thought realignment!’”

She brightened. “Found them!” she beamed. “Both ships landed on Nar Shaddaa just a few hours ago.” She snorted. “Leave it to the Hutts to track all of the ships in and out. Wouldn’t want to miss out on any potential profits or miss any potential competitors encroaching in on their patch.”

Karda grabbed her arm and spun her around to face him. “Are you even listening to me! These memories you have…bonds…they never happened! You need to focus on our mission… what’s happening here… now!”

“This is happening now!” she answered him back. “Right now, Brax is in pain, injured, bleeding. He needs me. The longer we are separated, the more pain he will suffer from the loss. And if I don’t find him, he will die.” She paused a bit. “I only hope that communing with him through the dream might help him a bit….”

“You’ve communed with him?” Karda asked incredulously. He shook his head and his jaw locked. “This is gone too far….”

“Do you want him to die?” Jasra asked. “Maybe I’m mistaken, but I thought it was the duty of Jedi to preserve life, not end it.”

Karda stiffened.

“I’m right,” Jasra said. “You know I’m right.”

Karda let out a sigh. “Alright, fine. Find him. ‘Commune’ with him if you like. But we’re not going to Nar Shaddaa until after our mission is finished. Finding out what happened to Bastila is more important.” Without waiting for her to answer, he strode for the door. “Our shuttle leaves in ten minutes.”

Jasra grinned slightly. “Fine,” she agreed, following him and picking up her bag at the door. “You’re the leader. Lead the way.” But inside, she was already planning on how to divert the Republic ship they'd be travelling on to find Brax.

Thank you, Crystal, wherever you are, for teaching me how to hide my thoughts, she thought silently to herself. I hope we will meet again.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)