View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 07:09 AM   #20
retroman3000
Lurker

Hey everyone. I'm new here.
Grim Fandango always has been and always will be my favourite PC game.

Grim Fandango as a film..
If done well, I'm sure I'll enjoy it (along with many other Grim Fandango fans) but it's not really a well known game. It's an adventure game - a dying genre.
They could redo the story with the style, colour and mood of a neo-noir film like say.. Sin City. That might appeal to a few more people. (Sin City is a fecking brilliant movie too. If you haven't seen it, you're missing out!)

It should be a film. I'd hate to see such a great story just slowly fade away through the sands of time. Grim Fandango could go far..very far. Just imagine people all around seeing an excellent film version of Grim Fandango and they're blown away by it. They soon find out about the great game and millions of new Grim Fandango fans emerge! It'll be great.
Enough of the fantasy.

The soundtrack would be a big focus though. It's what made the game so great (IMHO). I bought the CD about a year after I played the game. (twas one of my first albums i ever bought too!)
Heh. Sorry if I sound like an obsessed weirdo...I'm just emotionally attached to this game.
retroman3000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,