View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 03:55 PM   #12
Darth Plagus
Rookie

Lightbulb Welcome

Welcome Sage King. I am extremely impressed with the "down-to-earth" style of Petroglyph. I see they are continuining to listen to the fans and supporters of the game by electing you, "to be our personal representative on the council." lol

Given that you said you enjoy feed back i have an issue i feel should be adressed.

In the game (single player rebellion) if you have a fleet with about the same number of each ship (for example: you have 10 a wings, 10 bombers, 10 gunships, 10 assualt f. etc.) the game gives you about 1-2 of each to start out with...I feel this is an amazing flaw in the game. If you only have 1-2 of each ship you dont get to capitalize on each ships strengths. I think you should be allowed to set up squadrons, or sub-fleets. Each group of a particular type ship is given its own squad number and before entering the battle you get to decide which squads to come in first. (kind of like you do with ground battles) *i want my first wave of troops to pound the enemy into submission before the army even arrives. i.e. 2-3 assaults, and a bunch of gunships/marauders.*

Also, if you have 10 assault frigates, 5 gunships, 5 marauders and 20 fighters....you are given about 10 fighters right at the beginning. This is a huge disadvantage because the Empire fighters have a sizable delay period and can be deployed throughout the game without hurting population count. The fighters should be allowed to be "called in" during the battle. You should still have to build each squad but they should be reserve units. For ex: you have a group of 3 bombers attacking an undefended mon cal. This option would allow you to call in a group of fighters to take out the bombers. (Kind of like in battle for middle earth, where you could call the rohirrim or ents, elves, etc.) Seeing as the Rebels are known for sneakyness and raids, it would seem logical that they would deploy these types of tactics.

I dont know much about the game engine or if anything of the sort is possible, but it would be a great feature for a future petroglyph RTS project Expansion to EAW or a whole new game. Personally I LOVE the game, and i consider it the crown jewel in my Lucas arts collection. (except for maybe kotor series) I wish you and everyone at petro. continued fortune and I cant wait to see what you release next!
Darth Plagus is offline   you may: quote & reply,