View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 05:48 PM   #18
DarthMuffin
Dark Cupcake of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
You do realize that we can't count the Koreans right ?
Well, there are servers for Koreans. Many of them play on America, but still. Those are not *real* gosus.

Quote:
Seriously though, it isn't as much as it used to be and the golden age of the RTS is long gone. The simple fact that it's an RTS doesn't attract people anymore.
That's why you have to do an RPS (role-playing strategy) like WC3. Heroes with no leveling system like in EaW are, quite simply, boring.

Quote:
Making decent games does make you survive.
But they don't make you more popular. Which means that people will eventually forget you. Which means that you'll be alone in the cold. Which means that you'll die *insert evil laugh*

I knew I should have bought Lego...

Quote:
Truth is, even KotOR is not very original. They just took existing elements and did it better then the others and you can have success with that. Assuming you do it better then the others.
There were no SW RPGs ever made, so making one was quite original in the first place. But the whole idea of the 3rd person view with the controls was new to d20 RPGs and worked perfectly with KotOR. NWN's vanilla Aurora engine would not have worked nicely.

And like you said : "Assuming you do it better then the others. " BioWare did it better than others.

Quote:
Yeah, but the good folks are not around anymore. *sigh* Not that our current community isn't good, I just miss the old fellows.
Well, the point is that EaW did not attract the old fellows back. In fact, it did not attract many new people either.

~Dark Cupcake of the Sith
DarthMuffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,