View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #10
EAH_XxHeReTiKxX
Rookie

Publicly distributing Jedi Knight is a very bad idea, if you were sued by LEC and even if they were willing to settle, it would still set you back at least a couple thousand dollars.

Also, JK is still up for download via the link on your forum as of right now. I would start covering up your tracks now in case you get subpoenaed.

I move to have this site link permanently removed due to the decitful claims that the warez was removed - a clear red flag right there, disregard for JediKnight.net's policies and a reckless attempt to gain users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisjudigo
I have been looking up alot of different things and have noticed that there are a few dedicated servers out there for Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2.
1, hosted by JKDF2.net

Quote:
But do any of you still miss the feeling that the good old MSN gaming zone gave you with its matchmaking service.
Well that is what I am hoping to offer you here! I am going to try and recreate the MSN gaming zone feel with reatime chat, and matchmaking! Come on in and join the fun! Don't let the premade template fool you.

Quote:
I am very familiar with HTML, Actionscripting (Flash)... and C++, I am using premade layouts so that I can devote as much time as possible into creating this matchmaking service.
Hey buddy - somehow I think you aren't as familiar with HTML as you say you are! http://e-a-h.net - I made this site in a couple of hours, HTML, CSS & PHP, with beautiful results IMO. I think if you are really aiming for a "zone feel" maybe you should concentrate on the site design a bit more.

Also buddy - Where can I take a look at some of your past C++ projects? Just to get a feel for your experience, of course

Another thing - CJB.net is a very poor "short url" service, with heavy advertising every time you visit a cjb.net page. I would strongly consider some of the other alternatives to shorter url's for your site.

Proboards is also a very bad idea for any serious attempt to host a community forum.

ReT
EAH_XxHeReTiKxX is offline   you may: