View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #44
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
According to the EU there are either "quadrillions" or "quintillions" of droids, a unit for clones equals one soldier, and that they only "tripled" the number of clones, to 3.x million.
As I pointed out, the canon number for droids is now "hundreds of millions", which also goes against other information. Given the production rate of Geonosis alone, that number can be built up in a matter of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
So you have:

3,000,000+ clones vs.
2,000,000,000,000,000+ (or)
2,000,000,000,000,000,000+ droids!

So that's equivalent to:
3 to 2,000,000,000 (or 2,000,000,000,000 odds!)

We don't know the population of the CIS systems, they just refer to "thousands of star systems" and then "another 10,000 star systems will rally to our cause" (Dooku, speaking to the other leaders in AOTC). This is enough to spur Civil War with the Republic. The Empire is said to be something like a million star systems according to the movie novelisation iirc (in Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker).
As far as I know the million count for the number of star systems in the Empire (and therefore probably a similar if slightly less number for the Republic) is canon.

Which begs the question. Why did Palpatine/the Republic need to create the clone army at all, if it was going to be so few in number (apart from the stuff going on behind the scenes)? I mean, you could take the 3 best soldier off each planet and have the same number. They might not be quite as good as clones, but they would definitely be near that level. A draft in that case would be a much more effective way to build such an army.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,