View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 12:14 AM   #195
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutmeister
Yes, by all means, carry on!

WOO-HOO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutmeister
Nicely done, Jae Onasi. A masterful job at creating another opportunity for Jae and Talin to connect, albeit an alarmingly dangerous one. It just makes it more exciting though. The long-awaited liplock has finally occurred and isn't it cool that Jae has a master who isn't stuck on the "no emotional attachments for Jedi" dogma. The Force is sometimes kind.
If you practice any kind of martial art long enough, you're going to get hurt.
Anybody who says otherwise either is lying or isn't teaching it right. It's just a matter of when and how bad.
I had to go to the ER to get an x-ray of my arm because I thought I might have had a minor fracture--poor technique when trying to break a board on my black belt test, though I did break the darn thing on the next try. Anyway, I had to tell my little story 4 or 5 different times (...I hit the corner of the board first instead of center...), because the ER staff a. could not quite believe a woman of my ample size could have earned a black belt (especially with a bad knee) and b. were very suspicious of abuse due to the location of the bruise. My doctor just shakes his head every time I call and say "You see, I was in taekwondo class, and I got hurt....

I've had the 'About damn time. Carry on!' Jolee quote sitting in my head for the last 4 or 5 chapters, just waiting to come out at the right time. Drives me crazy when a great quote pops into my head and I can't use it for awhile.
Heh, the Force does move in mysterious ways, doesn't it.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,