View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Unless you've done an exhaustive reading of the fanfics, you're missing a couple gems in the bunch--Jiara's works, and Machievelli's SW: The Beginning and Republic Dawn (the punctuation needs work but he says he's posting without editting, so I don't let it get in the way of what is an otherwise very entertaining series.).
A lot of the writers are very young and/or are writing fiction for the first time or two and thus are learning (and I'm in that latter group myself). We're making neophyte writers' mistakes that really affect quality. However, the only way to improve is to keep writing. The forum here is remarkably patient and encouraging with those of us who decide to post, which takes no small amount of courage, especially the initial time.
I'm not a big fan of all the stuff Mach reviews (either for content or style), but when he says it's well written, he's nearly always correct.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,