View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 02:30 PM   #140
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Jasra started to say something else, but suddenly, hearing Brax's voice run smoothly through her thoughts, she paused. Then, slowly, a smile crossed her lips. Brax. The very thought of him made her breath quicken with anticipation.

“Forgive, Jasra’s abruptness, Doctor,” Karda apologised to both Rose and the Doctor. “She hasn’t quite been herself…. Wait. Let me rephrase that. She’s been exactly herself. Her old self, if you know what I mean. Not what she is supposed to be in this time. Crystal and I seem to remember events that happened in the past, but she doesn’t. Whether that’s intentional or not, I’m not entirely sure.”

While Karda spoke to the Doctor, Jasra turned away from them, seemingly to examine the scanning console. Her back turned to them, she lightly closed her eyes to strengthen her connection with Brax.

”Brax...it’s good to feel you so close, too. Forget the other ship for now. We have Marines boarding. Let them take care of it. Right now, the only thing important to me is seeing you. Healing you.”

Her connection with Brax now strong enough for her to multitask without destroying it, she opened her eyes. A few taps on the console and she was able to bypass security and bring up the hanger controls. ”I’m opening up the port hanger bay doors,” she told him through their link. “You can bring the ‘Ssss’ in there. Keep it cloaked for now though. There are some aboard who don’t anticipate your arrival in the same way I do.”

"Jasra? Is something wrong?” Karda’s suspicious tone caught her attention. “Is there something out there?" he asked, peering over her shoulder at the scanners then looking out through the window.

Jasra glanced down at the console. "The scanners haven’t detected anything," she said, knowing full well that if she lied, Karda would know it. And if Karda suspected that Brax had arrived, she knew he would do his best to prevent her from seeing him. And she wasn't about to let that happen. “Why do you ask?”

"Because I can sense that your pulse is quickening," Karda observed. "And, you’re looking a bit…flushed.”

"Must just be my non-Jedi feelings getting the better of me again," she replied. "You know how undisciplined I am. The anticipation of a boarding mission is just a bit more than I can handle. Perhaps, I’m in need of some ‘guided meditation’ before we board,” she suggested, although with a hint of sarcasm.

”Brax?” she said through her telepathic connection. “I’m going to board the ship with Karda, Crystal, and quite possibly, The Doctor and his new blonde friend in a few minutes time. Can you slip through the ‘Dreadless’ undetected and meet me on the ‘Almanac’? It’s the only sure way I’ll be able to see you without interference from the others."

Karda stared at her for a moment, then said, "I don’t think that’s necessary. Just try to set aside those thoughts and keep your focus on the task at hand.” He turned to the Doctor. “When we get back from the Almanac, Doctor, perhaps you can help me in the med lab to determine a method of reducing the effect of pheromones on a person who is overtly sensitive to them."

Jasra let out a soft dismissive snort. “I told you, Karda, there’s nothing wrong with me.”

“We’ll discuss that when we get back,” Karda said abruptly. “Doctor, we’re just waiting on the word from our pilot Tylor and his marines that it’s alright to board the Almanac to investigate and look for clues to the crew’s sudden and mysterious disappearance. You and Rose can come along if you like. With a squad of marines, two and,” he glanced quickly at Crystal, “a half Jedi, I think you’ll be safe enough.”

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)