View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
DarthOxyClean
Rookie

Who is greater, the creator of a killing form—or the master of the classic form?

READ THIS BEFORE VOTING
Let me clear things up:

Mace Windu once asked Obi-Wan this question right before Obi-Wan travelled to Utapau to fight Grevious.

The "killing form" he reffered to was a Lightsaber form called Vapaad, which Windu created. Vapaad required intense focus, a high degree of skill, and mastery of other forms. It channelled one's anger and darkness into the attack. With strict control, a Jedi's own emotions and inner darkness could be changed into a weapon of the light.

The "classic form" he reffered to was a Lightsaber form called Soresu. As the most prominent Soresu master of his time, Obi-Wan Kenobi was known to be almost invincible in fighting numerous combatants and defeating some of the most dangerous foes when seeming so close to defeat. It was best for warding off blaster fire and multiple opponents as a trained user would be able to defend even outside their visual range.

So, in Mace Windu's words,

Who is greater, the creator of a killing form—or the master of the classic form?

P.S. Sorry about the other thread.

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

Last edited by DarthOxyClean; 06-22-2006 at 07:31 PM.
DarthOxyClean is offline   you may: quote & reply,