Thread: Custom Maps
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
I suppose if you compared the NWmax script executable to the CADD script language and created it yourself it would be possible. Also I'm assuming you don't mean the maps but you mean the area "Models" as maps are the layout of the area which is a simple text file to say how they are connected while the models themselves are what AutoCAD would be editing.

Now at this time none of the tools we have properly support new area models being imported into the game so even if you manage to create your CAD import script you still won't be able to import the area model into the game.

Now I'm going to re-emphasize something somebody said in another thread about if your goal is to import models into a modeling program from k1 and then export them for k2 I would stop asking now. Porting of models from one game to the other is illegal and is not supported at Lucasforums.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,