View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 01:13 PM   #33
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Ah Star Wars is all about nostalgia. These whipper snappers nowadays don't understand it like you and me!

I was 5 when ROTJ first came out in theaters, and I was thrilled to see it. I saw the re-release of A New Hope (yes, it was "A New Hope" by then) as well, but I never saw ESB in theaters until the SE's in 1997.

Anyway, I can understand if you weren't alive in 1985 (the last time ROTJ was re-released, '86 for Bulgaria; ANH was last shown in '82, though '86 in Spain; ESB in '82, '83 in Australia) if you don't have special feelings for these films how they were before Lucas started changing things around drastically. Just don't deny us our dreams and fan fulfillment.

Seriously though, who's the more nerdy or geeky, the people who whined for the originals from 1997 to 2006, (and are now getting them thanks in large part to their whining) or the folks who gloated about the SE's being better and now are pissed off that the originals are finally officially seeing the light of day on DVD?

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,