View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 12:37 PM   #26
RellikRats
Rookie

Ah, speaking of RotJ, I hadn't seen it in a long while. One of the joys of having smaller kids is getting to experience some of these things vicariously for the first time again, if you know what I mean

My 5 year-old insisted on watching it last night, so we popped in the SE (all I have until September.) I didn't realize how much I really liked this movie. I got goosebumps all over again, as if I was 15-going-on-16 again and sitting in the darkened theater.

I did find that some of the SE changes were almost seamless, but a few were, IMO, clunky. I didn't mind the enhanced saber blades so much, but the sand-creature-gullet-thingie (can't remember the name offhand) wasn't so cool. I liked it when it was just this dark hole with a few tentacles and you went down-down-down if it got you

I found I didn't mind the ewoks as much as I remembered, although I still wish for something a little darker and on a larger scale than a little forest moon thing.

What was most interesting to me was how having seen Revenge of the Sith colored my viewing of Jedi. Colored, I should say Enhanced, with a capital "E". Knowing the story made such a difference, and I found myself much more deeply involved. In fact, it made Vader and Luke's interaction a little more subtle, almost as if it really had been made "after" Sith. Even though I've seen Jedi at least 50 or 60 times over the years, I found myself quite moved during Yoda's and Vader's death scenes, such as I hadn't in a long time.

And, quite honestly, it made absolute perfect sense to me to see Hayden as Anakin's Force ghost at the end. Even that moment, as a confirmation to Luke of his father's final redemption, was a moving moment for me.

Anyway, I had such a great viewing experience that I just had to share it...

RellikRats
----------------------------
Uoy htiw eb Ecrof eht yam

Galaxies: Udun Kai
Ultima Online: Zarathustra
RellikRats is offline   you may: quote & reply,