View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 03:52 PM   #142
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Synthetik-
Kal and Walon are mercenaries hand picked by Janga Fett to train the commandos themselves, they have NO alliegance with both the republic and the jedi.
Ah.

Quote:
Clones are synthetic Mandalorians, but still ARE mandalorians, and we all know Mandalorians would rather fight for their "brothers" rather than the republic.
I would dispute that. Jango wasn't even a Mandalorian, so I don't see how the clones are. Sure they like the Mandalorian culture, but they're by no means synthetic or even "wannabe" Mandalorians.

Quote:
The clones are still human, still having the ability to feel emotions, and prioritizing duty and brotherhood is one of them.
They are human for the most part. They are not humans like you and me. Their minds do not work like the mind of a regular human. You could say that they are more primitive, as they rely on orders from a superior to get jobs done. If you read the message as the end of Republic Commando loads, after they leave Sev behind, it says something to the effect of "the painful reality for a commando is that duty comes before brotherhood."

Quote:
And Kal, being the compassionate epitome of being mandalorian, unleashes their feelings of mindless duty and shows them that they arent mere robots/slaves, they deserve a REAL full length life instead of being used as weapons only to be discarded right after.
I'm not sure how Kal would come into play... the clones are wired to obey the Commander-in-Chief, and if Kal isn't Palpatine, I don't think they're going to listen to him.

Quote:
Just look at Able-1707 he actually helped the rebellion against the empire, so i dont see the reason for the clones not to fight for themselves and have their own agendas.
Wasn't Able an ARC?

Quote:
As long as they have emotions they have the chance to go "rogue" (somewhat portrayed in the game by cowardice clone in the second chapter, he ran and hid caused by survival instinct) for personal reasons.
That clone didn't "go rogue" either. If all your fellow soldiers are killed off, you have no orders, and you are lost... so this guy went to hide.

Quote:
Yes at the end yoda does speak of "greater things" but we all know that jedi arent as wise as they portray themselves to be even in the movies the jedi council is betrayed, if jedi can do it, i dont see why clones cant.
Not sure what you're referring to here with the Jedi Council being betrayed, and how that fits into this.

Quote:
and if you havent noticed Niner, Scorch, and Boss have certain doubts in their voices.
Again, not sure what you're referring to here either. Niner...?

Quote:
This is the turning point in their mentality TOWARDS the republic, the Mandalorian instinct to FEEL for their brothers rather than just be squadmates.
They don't have Mandalorian instincts, because they aren't Mandalorians. They have the instincts that the Kaminoians gave them, and those instincts are to obey the Commander-in-Chief.

Just look at how all the Clone Commanders in RotS turned against their Jedi General in an instant. They are clearly more advanced and independent than "vanilla" clones, and yet they turn on their long-time friends with ease. Cody and Obi-Wan had a long friendship, as did Bly and Aayla.

Quote:
Sev is the missing part of their pack, they cant just kill him off, THAT would be too cliched, especially in a star wars themed storyline.
So when Qui-Gon was killed off, was that not fit for a Star Wars storyline? Wasn't he one of the Jedi as well?

Quote:
Even though the happily ever after thing is too :P but hey they were bred to fight for a war they didnt ask to be in, raped with training at an early age, sent off in packs to die, and when they get home they are just naturally killed off, i think thats a bit of a nomination for a good reward such as that
NO NO, the fact that they WERE bred for a war they didn't ask for, got raped with training, sent off to die, that is EXACTLY why they don't get to live happily ever after. Their story is TRAGIC; it is meant to be dark and grim. They have no happily ever after. The clones turn into the frickin' Stormtroopers, and that's not a good reward.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,