View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #143
-Synthetik-
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
I would dispute that. Jango wasn't even a Mandalorian, so I don't see how the clones are. Sure they like the Mandalorian culture, but they're by no means synthetic or even "wannabe" Mandalorians.
Jango is a Mandalorian, the concept of that is its in the culture, people can BECOME mandalorians. He became mandalore too. and I meant synthetic as in laboratory made not in wannabe.

Quote:
They are human for the most part. They are not humans like you and me. Their minds do not work like the mind of a regular human. You could say that they are more primitive, as they rely on orders from a superior to get jobs done. If you read the message as the end of Republic Commando loads, after they leave Sev behind, it says something to the effect of "the painful reality for a commando is that duty comes before brotherhood."
Not primitive just unexperienced. At the beginning of the game they are "green" to emotions of battle, they werent trained in the psychological aspects of war. and in the end of the game, it takes an actual toll to how they think about their job. They are one hundred percent human, the complexities of wanting to go back to save someone wouldnt be there to begin with. If the republic wanted "primitive" bipeds they would have done a better job with droids.

Quote:
I'm not sure how Kal would come into play... the clones are wired to obey the Commander-in-Chief, and if Kal isn't Palpatine, I don't think they're going to listen to him.
They would in the books they have. Im not saying they cant be controlled but im saying is that after a while fighting for something they arent ever going to witness themselves, they will become rebellious against their built in program, like droids going rogue because they havent gotten their memories wiped. They get their own personality, and thats what theyve had, such as dancing the mandalorian dance and such. They have a better sense of being Mandalorian rather than being a clone trooper. and if i were them, id fight for what i believe in and if its for my brother it would be for that.

Quote:
Wasn't Able an ARC?
No, at least i dont think so

Quote:
That clone didn't "go rogue" either. If all your fellow soldiers are killed off, you have no orders, and you are lost... so this guy went to hide.
I didnt mean going rogue, i just meant as in having traits of not always being a puppet all the time.

Quote:
Not sure what you're referring to here with the Jedi Council being betrayed, and how that fits into this.
Im just pointing out that there is can always be deceit, traitorous, and malicous intent, and that no one has to follow anybody. Same with clones.

Quote:
Again, not sure what you're referring to here either. Niner...?
Another one, i mean fixer, but you know what i mean. They acted like a bunch of teenagers/kids who were told what to do but wanted to do something else. and mentally they are equivalent to children in "real world" aspects

Quote:
They don't have Mandalorian instincts, because they aren't Mandalorians. They have the instincts that the Kaminoians gave them, and those instincts are to obey the Commander-in-Chief.

Just look at how all the Clone Commanders in RotS turned against their Jedi General in an instant. They are clearly more advanced and independent than "vanilla" clones, and yet they turn on their long-time friends with ease. Cody and Obi-Wan had a long friendship, as did Bly and Aayla.
Yeah they are. I dont see where you got them not being mandalorians from, but they surely are. Instincts is given to them its learned by their trainer, Walon being a mandalorian and their sergeant might have shown them the ropes during training. Clone commanders and Clone commandos are different.

Quote:
So when Qui-Gon was killed off, was that not fit for a Star Wars storyline? Wasn't he one of the Jedi as well?
no it fit, im not saying it didnt, but dude how many people have died for stupid reasons already? Look how some of the jedis died. or even some of the nonjedi . There are deaths and there will be, but its already been done too much.

Quote:
NO NO, the fact that they WERE bred for a war they didn't ask for, got raped with training, sent off to die, that is EXACTLY why they don't get to live happily ever after. Their story is TRAGIC; it is meant to be dark and grim. They have no happily ever after. The clones turn into the frickin' Stormtroopers, and that's not a good reward.
haha, but thats way too convenient. I mean if they didnt mean for the commandos to have anything good go for them, why bother with the background anyway? They could have been just static infantry and thats all but throughout the movies they show emotions and exhibit themselves as being actual people. And they make people actually care about them, why would they have bothered? THey could have been just droids, but theres a reason why ALL the feelings of being a clone and realizing you are in war filter throughout the game. Not all of them can fight for a better future, but some can, and i know some will.
-Synthetik- is offline   you may: quote & reply,