View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #144
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Synthetik-
Jango is a Mandalorian, the concept of that is its in the culture, people can BECOME mandalorians. He became mandalore too. and I meant synthetic as in laboratory made not in wannabe.
I was under the impression that part of being a Mandalorian is being part of their bloodline, and Jango was just a kid who got adopted by the Mandalorians. I guess I'm off on that one.

Quote:
They are one hundred percent human, the complexities of wanting to go back to save someone wouldnt be there to begin with.
If you look at their genetics, they are not 100% human. They were heavily modified by the Kaminoians just like the rest of the clones.

Quote:
If the republic wanted "primitive" bipeds they would have done a better job with droids.
"Primitive" in the sense that their genetic modifications "took away" some of their mental capacity during cloning. Still better than droids, but not like a regular human.

Quote:
They would in the books they have.
I have a hatred for a lot of the EU, because it contradicts so much movie material. The books stray so much from George Lucas's original intent. If you just watch the movies, you would have the idea that the clones are completely loyal. And yet money-hungry EU authors just HAVE to make these stupid side-stories about how oh, this clone goes AWOL and gets it on with Jango's ex! And yet people consider it canon. Sigh. It sounds more like celebrity tabloid material.

Quote:
they will become rebellious against their built in program, like droids going rogue because they havent gotten their memories wiped.
You're forgetting that droids only are rebellious when they change owners, and don't have their memories wiped. The reason why R2 ran off from Luke was because he had a mission from his former owner, who he still thought WAS his owner. Because his memory wasn't wiped.

Clones do not rebel against their training. If they did, they would have ignored the advisor's order to leave Sev behind.

Quote:
They have a better sense of being Mandalorian rather than being a clone trooper. and if i were them, id fight for what i believe in and if its for my brother it would be for that.
But that's the thing, you can't think like them. They don't think like you would. They think duty first, brotherhood second.

Quote:
Im just pointing out that there is can always be deceit, traitorous, and malicous intent, and that no one has to follow anybody. Same with clones.
Right, just like how all the clones turned against the Jedi. But they ALWAYS stay loyal to the Commander-in-Chief.

Quote:
Yeah they are. I dont see where you got them not being mandalorians from, but they surely are.
They're not Mandalorians. They're Republic commandos.

Quote:
Instincts is given to them its learned by their trainer, Walon being a mandalorian and their sergeant might have shown them the ropes during training.
Instinct is something that all life has. Instincts are not learned; they are built in. What instincts the Kaminoians wanted to give them are the instincts they had.

Quote:
Clone commanders and Clone commandos are different.
Genetically, they are identical.

Quote:
no it fit, im not saying it didnt, but dude how many people have died for stupid reasons already?
Sev dying at the hands of the enemy would not be stupid. It is part of war. And it would send a message: live by the sword, die by the sword. But hey, he doesn't have to die, he could just be imprisoned. Delta could come across him later in the game, but their objective in the first few missions would NOT be to rescue Sev. Yoda already poo-pooed that.

Quote:
There are deaths and there will be, but its already been done too much.
You mean too many people have died?? In Republic Commando, no one in your squad died!

Quote:
Not all of them can fight for a better future, but some can, and i know some will.
Yes, that's what the very small number of ARC's did who went AWOL. ARC's didn't have their genetics messed with. But the rest of the clones did, making them essentially mental slaves.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,