View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 03:38 PM   #154
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Mach, we're all going to need anti-depressants after an ending like that.
Other than that, I enjoyed it.
I could have ended it on a high note, and was going to with the announcement of the first Republic conference, but I hadn't resolved what Sienna and Breia would do, or the relationship between Sala and Koori. For that matter though Meeri had died, I hadn't resolved the manner of her death, though the fact that a dozen men did not follow the traitor onto the pad probably gave you a clue. I almost did ignore those anyway.

The problem was, I pictured the affect of crashing something that weighs a few hundred kilotons at 200 KPH and it wasn't pretty. I almost threw in a 'miracle' ending, having Koori wake up and a joyful tearful romantic ending.

I almost had Meeri just drop half the building on the men so she wouldn't kill them herself.

I am a story teller in the old Celtic style. Sometimes the good guys lose, sometimes the hero dies. Did I at least resolve the unanswered questions from the first part of the book?

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile

Last edited by machievelli; 07-02-2006 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typo
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,