View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #150
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Synthetik-
its the ability to have a soul, the freedom to feel emotions and to act by them. and THEY DO have souls, they feel happiness, they feel sadness.
Well, so does a cat or a dog.

Quote:
the thing is, Delta Squad is EU themselves, so i guess its a little bit more open for people to expand (with limits to actual connections to events), rather than to try to fit into the story. IN ALL HONESTY, i do not like Lucas, or just Star Wars itself, BUT I LOVE the whole idea of Star Wars, thats why i would rather side with the EU aspect instead of the material already written.
Delta Squad may be EU, but they're good EU. They're not "super powerful Force-immune intergalactic space aliens invade the galaxy" type of crap. They fit in very well with George Lucas's vision of Star Wars. And actually, commandos ARE mentioned in AotC.

Quote:
Some do(did? will?), BUT only because their genetics werent one hundred percent to kimoanian specs. The thing is, they are still driven but outside influences, Darman got laid, that wasnt supposed to happen.
They probably still had the instincts for sex.

Quote:
Its all really what experiences they have recieved. Losing a lot will do that to them. And at the end they clearly wanted to stay, and were really fighting the urge to go back and get him.
But the important thing is that they did leave. They did follow the order despite their urge to rescue him. That's because the genetics kicked in.

Quote:
Emotions will always rule over duty.
They didn't at the end of the game.

Quote:
No, at the beginning of the game ko sai tells them that they are better. I guess the whole premise of it is the less mechanical/droidy or the closer they are to being Janga, the better. Commandos are just a step closer to being arcs, commanders are just regular troopers who have excelled more than others.
Officially, the commandos are made up of the same genetics as the "grunts." It's just their training that makes them so much better. ARC's are the only clones who had no tampering, besides growth acceleration.

Quote:
Yeah it would be, look at how he died, the fiercest of the group dying just because he was alone?
Not because he was alone. He clearly was ambushed. You can hear Droideka fire along with standard droids in the background.

Quote:
More like realizing that a part of them are missing and they go awol to look for it again
But they were on the gunship leaving the area! How are they supposed to go back, ask the pilot politely to go back? Like he's going to disobey Yoda too...
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,