View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 12:20 PM   #14
jedi-Guard
Rookie

Ill try to explain my self as good as possible.
It might be hard to find the file to fix it, but i found it in year 2004 when i stopped playing Jedi Academy and now am back, and i want to help, and i cant find the file on the wwws anymore, BUT people call me smart and intelligent because i burned that 10 kb file on a 650 mb cd and made double copies of that cd. One thing i didnt was to write the instruction, but that was the last thing i was thinking of, cause i was thinking of "YES I FOUND A SOLUTION TO ONE OF MY BIGGEST PROBLEMS" lol :P.
The reason i delay this message was because i had to find out how i did it, and now i know it.
So couple of dollars wont hurt if i got to post this message, but since this forum is free, ill add it here and now.
READY ALL TO HEAR HOW ITS DONE ? ( Not a smart move there and people calls me smart and intelligent ).
Of course everyone is ready, especially those none mod server, kind of like me.

HERE IT IS
The way to Protect your none mode server against buffer overflow, is to use a different way to patch the small hole that your server has.
You need to open assets3.pk3 and inside there is a file called jampgamex86.dll.
jampgamex86.dll is the bad file and you need to patch that file.
The patch file is alittle bit special, you need a call of duty message fix file which is only 10 kb large, thats the one you need to execute and select the jampgamex86.dll file to close the bug hole.
Then you move the file back into assets3.pk3 file and its fixed.
You can also replace the Jampgamex.86.dll with JA+ owns fix jampgamex86.dll, but thats not recommended.
If you have JA+ mods, then i have heard that you need to install it the right way for that fix works on the server. I honestly dont care about mode servers, cause i dont like mods.
There is one thing that might stop fixing that buffer overflow problem. That call of duty file cant befound on the web. It might be there, but i cant find it.
If someone else want to make it avalible public, then i can send the file to you, cause i have on cds.
You can also find me on my Powerduel Server, i might can help from there too. Just look for "Jedi-Guard"
Servername = Jedi-Academy-Server
Have a nice day all
jedi-Guard is offline   you may: quote & reply,