View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #54
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Double posting, don't care.

Just saw the film and I have to say, whilst it is very good (the twist at the end is very good, turns out Jack's a eunuch... okay maybe that isn't the twist) I do agree that it was, perhaps half an hour too long. They took the risk that all movies with cliffhanger endings do in making it too long as it begs the question "Was it really worth me sitting through a 2 and a half hour film just to see it not finish?"

Now, to be honest, the ending did leave me wanting more which can be seen as a good or a bad thing as I have no idea how long I'll have to wait for the sequel (a few months like the Matrix sequels, or a year like Lord of the Rings, or longer like Star Wars... well actually we're probably not looking at the latter as they are being made back to back).

But Depp is back on top form, Bloom can act as well as he always could and Knightly pouts a lot, so more of the same. Obviously Davy Jones is a great villain, but no where near as great as Geoffry Rush's 'Barbossa' and his Skeletal crew.

Oh, and just for the record, Jack Sparrow's entrance to the film... couldn't quite say whether it tops the first movies, but it's certainly unique and will have you smiling.

I'd give it a mark out of five, but this isn't the movie review thread. **coughfourcough**

Last edited by Joshi; 07-06-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,