View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 08:08 AM   #13
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
THIRTEEN

With the Pantry stocked with healthy food, The Jedi Masters took off an rose high vertically till they were above the Upper City levels, then Obi Wan opened the throttle wide and the ship, nicknamed the Last Strike, blasted into space. A few minutes later, it went into Hyperdrive.
Five hours later, space rippled in front of Coruscant and the Strike exited Hyperspace and headed for the traffic channels. As they approached a huge ship, Obi Wan was very careful to stay in its sensor shadow. He directed the ship under the freighter and maintained its same velocity. Once they were in the atmosphere, Obi Wan jerked the nose away and flew off into one of the airspeeder currents. After a few minutes, they approached the Emperor’s Palace, formerly the Galactic Senate headquarters, now redesigned.
“Stop Palpatine, I will,” said Yoda. “Stop Vader, Master Obi Wan must.”
Obi Wan nodded.
“I will search for Tara,” said Mace. “I’ll rendezvous with you in the hangars.”
The plan of action was settled, the ship landed in the Visitors Bay for those who sought an audience with the Emperor. They called for the elevator and stopped at corresponding floors. Obi Wan: Vader’s personal Chambers, Level 97. Mace: Prison cells, Level 89. Yoda: Emperor’s Chambers, Level 100.
Mace was dropped off first; he exited not knowing where or how to look. He went to the computer terminal and was about to begin typing when,
“Hey, you there, this level is for authorized personnel only. Do you have your papers?” a Mark XII Assassin Droid demanded.
Mace thought, ‘Ah, what the hell.’ and, with one stroke, took of the droid’s head with the blade of his now ignited saber. Not bothering with the panel, he plunged the lightsaber blade into the door’s heavy, titanium-plated alloy and easily cut a circular opening. Using the Force to gently lower the piece to the ground, he stepped through the hatch.
“Master Windu,” a female voice said from nearby. “What an unpleasant surprise.”
Mace tuned to his left and saw his student, Tara, standing a few paces away, a red lightsaber held in her hand.
Obi Wan got off in a similar state of confusion as that of Mace’s. He walked pointlessly looking for a sign or arrow which led to the Dark Lord’s Chambers. Finally, he saw a sign bearing the words ‘Authorization needed to pass beyond’ and walked up to the booth. Without speaking, he beheaded the security trooper before it could react and activated the automated door mechanisms with the Force. He walked ahead and spotted his former student standing with his back turned towards him.
“We meet yet again, my old Master.” Vader said.
“I hope this meeting goes out well.” replied Obi Wan.
Vader turned.
Yoda got off on the topmost floor in, unlike his other two companions, a state of fierce determination, which was partly because he had a huge sign pointing out the right direction for him. He hid behind a corner and obstructed the guards’ breathing passages with the Force. Five minutes later, he strolled calmly into Palpatine’s Office area where the Emperor sat. A newly constructed lightsaber appeared out of his cloak sleeve.
“Master Yoda, I have been expecting you.” Palpatine said jovially as he ignited the blade. “My clones were never able to recover your body and I knew that a mere fall would never kill you. This time, I will let my lightsaber do the job.”
“The pleasure, you will never receive, my Lord” Yoda replied and settled in a battle stance.

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: