View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 02:52 AM   #15
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I agree very strongly with the statement, although I respect the right of others to think whatever they want no matter how stupid the belief. I find religion to be much like a prison, depending on what religion you are in your life becomes regulated to some degree, I believe that the only one fit to regulate your life is you (As long as you don't violate anybody else's rights, and are in good mental standing yourself). Religion brings in the idea that the group is more important then the individual, and that all life must serve some being or idea, these are both dangerous and enslaving ideas.

I'll finish this off with a few lines on this topic quoted from Anthem by Ayn Rand.

At first, man was enslaved by the gods. But he broke their chains. Then he was enslaved by the kings. But he broke their chains. He was enslaved by his birth, by his kin, by his race. But he broke their chains. He declared to all his brothers that a man has rights which neither god nor king nor other men can take away from him, no matter what their number, for his is the right of man, and there is no right on earth above this right. And he stood on the threshold of the freedom for which the blood of the centuries behind him had been spilled.

But then he gave up all he had won, and fell lower than his savage beginning.

What brought it to pass? What disaster took their reason away from men? What whip lashed them to their knees in shame and submission? The worship of the word "We."
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,