View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 10:05 PM   #8
Jabba da Butt
Rookie

Chapter 8

"Why do you chose the dark side?" Kavar asked his new ally as Jedi and Sith walked the long path to Nurka's palace, "There is good in you, I can feel it, but instead you use your anger."

"Quiet Jedi, It's not too late for me to kill you and forget our agreement." Xyrus replied.

"Yes, but I really doubt that you could avoid Nurka's mercenaries for long now that they want you dead. I don't know what powerful friends you have on Korriban, but until that Hutt is dead, your not safe on Tatooine, or anywhere in the system." Kavar glanced at Xyrus. "I need your help, and you need mine."

"I don't need anyone’s help. I am a Sith." Xyrus said, loud enough to show his anger. "But I will answer your question. I chose the dark side because it is powerful. I need power. Power to change the galaxy. The power to make it the way I want to be."

Ahh, now I'm getting somewhere, thought Kavar. "Power? The Jedi have power, but they use it for good. We change the galaxy, but without destroying those who oppose us. Is it worth it to destroy the galaxy in order to rule it?"

"But the Jedi do things too slowly! The galaxy rots while Jedi take their time doing their peaceful work! The Sith know how to change things. You conquer it, then rule it, then change it. And kill anyone who tries to stop you."

"Those are Sith lies. The Sith only want power for themselves, they don't want a better galaxy, they don't care about what happens to the rest of the people, as long as they get what they want!" Kavar smiled, seeing that his message was getting through. "You know what I'm telling you is true. You have seen it. Sith destroying just for pleasure. Sith gaining power to use it for their own ends. You are different. You want to make things better. The Sith don't do that, they change things quickly yes, but they change them to meet their own ends. Come to the light. You can help heal the universe, one
peace at a time."

Xyrus looked torn. "I will,... consider what you have said. I'm not sure I believe in the ways of the Sith. But I am no Jedi either. Perhaps someday I will come to the light. Right now I need more time.

The two walked in silence the rest of the way. Coming to Nurka's palace, they were led down through dark passageways, winding and lit only by torches. "This way" the droid guide chattered as they were led through Nurka's den room, which, surprisingly, was empty.

"Where are we going?" Xyrus asked, beginning to sense a weird disturbance in the force, "I have a bad feeling about this."

"Through this door." the droid said, and the Jedi and Sith walked through the door. Only to find themselves immersed in bright sunlight, with over one hundred blasters aimed at their heads. They were in a sort of execution coliseum, with no roof, and the sky above their heads.
Nurka smiled. "Kavar has done a quick job, defeating a Sith and taking him prisoner is no easy feat. And now I have you both! It's time for you to die!" Nurka stopped, allowing the translator to finish up. "Kavar, you foolish Jedi, you should have known. You should never trust a Hutt."

Now it was Kavar's turn to smile. "I didn't." he replied, and the Republic fleet rocketed into the atmosphere, right over head.

"Not if anything to say about it, I have!"-Yoda

Lover of all droids

My Fan Fics
Travels of Kavar:
Never Trust a Hutt
Darkness Over Coruscant
Jabba da Butt is offline   you may: