View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 01:12 AM   #31
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi3112
And that horse thing wasn't the only thing wrong with Rome, but also the unlocking of factions is something that I don't like, it doesn't fit in with a PC game, or even an RTS in general.
Yeah, that was pretty annoying.

Quote:
And Rome was pretty unbalanced (Germans couldn't even get a decent wall),
Well, you were complaining about realism hehe. They're just trying to make it realistic from that perspective.

Quote:
and in historical battles I couldn't figure out how to play the other guy.
Because you couldn't :P

Quote:
I also had problems with breaking down the palace in cities I conquered, not that I had to do that too much, but sometimes it was the final level of palace and I had to replace it with one of my own, but couldn't upgrade it nor could I downgrade it in order to upgrade it with my own.
Sounds like a bug. I could do it without problem. I didn't even need to break down the palace, the upgrade option jut appeared.

Quote:
Same thing with farms, and neither could I set a rating of what was sold and what was meant for growth. And these are just examples.
Then you missed the point of Rome: Total War. Its emphasis was on war, not economical management. They purposely dumbed down the economy. The on-field action, as far as combat is involved, is the most realistic up-to-date.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,