View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 11:16 AM   #145
DarthMuffin
Dark Cupcake of the Sith

I never liked RotJ. I think the ending is too anti-climatic, and I find the Jabba's palace part to be boring.

My favourite would have to be ESB. Great action, story and character development throughout the whole movie. And there's Yoda

ANH is great too. I actually really like the start. Many people think it's too slow, but I think it's nice to see how Luke is pushed into the war only by "destiny".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative_Sun
Hands down, I'm not too keen on the rest of that movie, but that part is one of the best moments in the Saga...When Obi-Wan confronts Maul after Qui-Gon got killed: Pure Class!
And am I the only one to think that the TPM duel is bad? I know it's not really the place to discuss this, but since it has already been mentioned...
I think it looks fake. You can see that the actors only follow by heart the thing they learned. There is also zero emotion and interaction during this duel. They just fight. In all the other duels, there's something more to the fight than simply wanting to kill the bad guy who said 2 lines in the whole movie.

In AotC, they want to catch Dooku to end the war. In RotS, it's the master who tries to stop his apprentice. In ANH, it's the apprentice taking his revenge. In ESB, the father tells to truth to his son. In RotJ, the son saves the father. In TPM, it's just "wha?"

~Dark Cupcake of the Sith
DarthMuffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,