View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 03:21 AM   #195
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Hey Stoffe, since I don't know how you have actually programmed the workspace area that is displayed I'm not 100% positive on a solution. However it appears you are using win 2000, and at least the most recent posted user problem is posted by a user with win XP. I know XP has had some minor GUI interface changes from 2000 that involve the autodetection that really get fouled up if you are programming from 2000 or earlier for XP. What I might recomend as a fix is to set a fixed viewing area that can be handled by a 800x600 windowed area. Within that viewing area for the text set it to auto wordwrap instead of being side scrollable. This will force the system to accept certain GUI aspects rather than allowing autodetects to set the area. Also while being only a 1% chance there might be issues between European versions of windows and US versions enough so that it is causing the conflict. I do highly doubt this last tidbit however it is squishysoft. Also since I'm unsure what language or compiler TSLPatcher is built on but it could just be that you have not updated the OS Platform SDK or the libraries to support Win XP.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,