View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 02:14 AM   #12
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
Yeah uh, we didn't have to drop two atomic bombs on their civilians though to get them to surrender. But ANY targetting of non-combatants is a war crime. It's that simple.
Yes, we had a long series of miserable battles that claimed millions of lives and were worse than two atomic bombs.

Quote:
I copied and pasted those quotes from Wikipedia. Sue me.
The encyclopedia anyone can edit? I've seen it vandalized before. I'll be believe those quotes are authentic if you can get them from several reliable sources.

Quote:
It saved time, but certainly did NOT save time and money.
I'll be specific. It saved our country money. Campaigns are very expensive.

Quote:
Japan was GOING TO SURRENDER ANYWAY. Just waiting for them to surrender from the internal and external pressures placed on Japan would have saved the most lives and money.
Having thousands of troops in the Pacific was not a cheap thing to do. It would not have saved our country money. We also would've had to continue bombing Japan during that time, otherwise they would simply rebuild the factories we had destroyed earlier. If you're proposing that we should have just blockaded Japan and continued bombing till they surrendered, I don't think that would have worked. Again, look at what happened in Britain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,