View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 04:07 AM   #14
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
Miserable battles are typically part of a war. If you don't want miserable battles then don't fight in a war. That simple.
You are diverting away from the point. You said that we didn't have to use atomic bombs on Germany. I pointed that we didn't have to because we many long and miserable battles on the German's home soil.

Quote:
Nuking civilians in their cities is NOT part of a war. It's an act of terrorism.
The civilians are irrelevant. Hiroshima and Nagaski were important cities to Japan's war effort, so we got rid of them. The civilians were there, and died in the blast. If they all went on holiday to the North Pole, we still would've bombed the cities. The psychological impact did help, though.

Quote:
Wikipedia is just as authentic as any other source of information, and is by any standards more "fair and balanced" than anything you'll see on Faux News.
Anyone can edit Wikipedia whenver they want. I looked up the Franco-Prussian War, and it had been vandalized with the message 'i wanna go to france it sounds fun'.

Quote:
Britain wasn't weak and ready to surrender.
That wasn't my point. I was saying that constant air strikes can't easily bring a country to its knees. Or they can and the country won't care. But the Japanese were extremely fanatical to their cause, and I doubt more bombings (that were not atomic ones), which had been going on for years, would have changed anything. Fanatics don't give up easily, and that's being proven right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,