View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 03:47 AM   #18
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
Right and like I said, that's part of war. If you want to beat your enemy, sorry pal, gotta play by the rules. That's how we do things in the civilized world.
I simply stated why we didn't use the bomb in Germany. These 'rules' you're mentioning I never brought up.

Quote:
Wow. The amount of sheer immorality and disregard for innocent life in this statement is truely overwhelming. That's all I can say in response to that.
I am simply looking at the events of the bombings with a strategic view. Make of it what you will.

Quote:
It is stupid to say that because a vandal wrote in one stupid line to an otherwise pristine and factual article, it renders the entire article - as well as Wikipedia itself - as not a legitimate source of information.
It's not that the article was vandalized, but the fact that it was. Most articles in Wikipedia can be edited by anyone at any time. But our opinions on Wikipedia's reliability are not related to this topic.

Quote:
All the bombs did was - other than kill thousands of innocent people - speed up the process.
Exactly.

Quote:
Stop trying to excuse terrorism and mass murder. I thought that most civilized people had learned that those things are bad.
Terrorism, genocide, strategic losses, it doesn't matter what you call it. The simple fact is, bombs were dropped to speed up the inevitable and to save our country money, soldiers, and complications from Russia. The civilians were there and died as a side effect. Label it what you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,