View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 02:54 AM   #62
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
I think the results after WWII crush that argument. We may have wiped out two cities, but we never set out to conquer a swath of the world once we won like Japan did. In my opinion, that does not fit the definitions of becoming "fanatics" ourselves.
Let's see... after Pearl Harbor, we rounded up all the evil Jap pigs into concentration camps happy ice cream parks, and then indiscriminately nuked two civilian cities, causing thousands of innocents to be killed liberated the Japanese people from a fanatical regime. Ah! You're right. We didn't act like fanatics at all.

Quote:
Yet again, the blitz in Britain proves how that would go. Japan would never surrender to that for who knows how long.
Since when was Britain prepared to surrender at the time of the blitz?

Quote:
Do you agreee that such a blockadge could take months or years to work?
Sure, if they hadn't already surrendered by then.

Quote:
And I suppose that when bombs were dropped on their military bases, the civilians would be magically protected the blast? Civilians dying when you drop bombs on structures is inevitable. Or should we not have bombed their military bases and factories inside cities?
Drop leaflets to the population and then blow the bases to bits. Yeah civilians will die, but not in the numbers that they would if you just nuked the cities and disregarded the fact that you're targetting civilians (a war crime). But civilians die every time that a U.S. air strike hits a wedding party instead of its target. Am I calling that a war crime? No I'm not. Because they aren't intentionally killing civilians in Iraq (except of course for the very few who are).
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,