View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 04:29 PM   #294
Windu Chi
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterRoss08
Hello all. I have only been here for a few days but I would like to give some insight on some things here. just gotta think of how to say what i wanna say here.. could take awhile. lol. Guess ill throw in some suggestioins first i guess.

A comment on Lucasarts working jedi title: Even though its a Jedi like game doesnt mean its a sequal in any way to the jk series etc. they specifally said its a working title not in anyway realated to any past games they have done.

I'm thinking of how they would make it more realistic with jedi/sith combating it shouldnt just have an hp bar or offence bar. It should be a combination of somethings. Make it more rpg esc i say.
the force: the force should be the biggest thing of a jedi. the more atuned to the force a jedi is the better the jedi you know. better at battling,blocking,force powers. So lets say they have had a force bar in the past jk series games. the lower the bar the weaker the jedi gets.

Stamina: stamina should play a role when it comes to battling. stamina affects how acrobatic you are. being able to block better the higher the bar is and when its lower the chances you leave openings in your defence and chances you wont block because you are weak.

I think acrobatics should be allowed in games but not to far like in jedi outcast(running on walls, doing a back flip while running up the wall.) you didnt see things likethat in the movies. I think acrobatics should paly a role in the character you play. like yoda for instance he had 2 b a quick mover since he couldnt run well etc. you didnt see the humans being that acroabatic the whole time. Or have a fighitng style system. like how darth maul was etc. or both.
I strongly disagree with your opinions on acrobatics.

All forms of acrobatics should be included and improve on don't take nothing away keep it and expand on it; running on walls, doing a back flip while running up the wall should'nt never be taken away.

These abilities are what made the Jedi Knight games fun to play and more realisted.

These abilities and others determine who won fights when Force powers skills was match.

Wining fights for specific jedi warriors come down to combat, skills with a saber, two sabers and saber staff not always the dependence on Force powers.

I hope they just don't focus on force powers and forget about combat and lightsaber skills.

When developers start taking away abilities ( like acrobatics) that made previous Jedi Knight games great, they start strewing it up for future jedi theme games.

The games don't have to exactly match the movies acrobatics,
so in a game we have more freedom in combat with more abilities.

Also I strongly agree with your idea of stamina that will be a great feature if Lucasarts included it.

So in ending!

Don't take nothing out LA don't downsize certain abilities improve on all previous features in all jedi theme games and add greater newer abilities like ledge grappling and the addition of combat when lightsabers are't in use or have been disarmed by the opponent.

Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,