View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"Come on," Sara Murray urged. "Just one little peek... please?"

Agent Phi, Mya Lucas rolled her eyes and spun to face a mirror in the bathroom she found herself in. "Happy now?"

"You look cute in glasses," Sara remarked. "Should wear them more often."

"I might if I hadn't already received corrective surgery," Phi retorted. "When I was sixteen! So if you're done gawking, can I get on with this? And if not..." She took the glasses off her face and slid them into a pocket.

"Alright, alright!" Sara exclaimed. "On your way... Inspector. And please give me my eyes back!"

Mya slipped the glasses on, adjusted them a little, and left the bathroom.

"Inspector on floor," a young worker called to his coworkers. Mya whirled to face him.

"Code for 'get your act together', I assume," she observed critically. The worker flinched.

"No, ma'am," he answered. "We just do what we've been taught, ma'am."

"That's not what you've been taught," Mya retorted. "You'll have to try harder than that to fool an IST officer. You realize you could loose your job for that trick you just attempted."

The man's face paled. "I meant no harm, Inspector. I was just afraid..."

"Afraid because your facility is not up to standards?" Mya questioned.

"Now you're just waisting time," Sara complained. "Security's temporarily down... better get in quick."

At the same time, the worker recoiled, "No! Of course we're up to standards! Please... show a little compassion."

"IST officers aren't known for compassion," Mya answered. "I'll be delivering an official write up of you once I return to base."

With that, she whirled and continued her 'inspection'.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,